Wednesday, June 27, 2012

SACRED SITE IN OXFORD

Donald A. Windsor

Quite frankly, I do not know what this place was, so I call it a "sacred site" to give it a name.  It is located in the Town of Oxford, about 2 miles from Warn Pond (my posting of 2 June 2012).  I do not divulge its exact location for security reasons.





I have known about this site for at least three decades, but dismissed it as merely some historical stone foundations connected with a nearby quarry.  But recently, I have modified my attitude toward it, because it seems to be part of a series of stone piles running from the Brisben area, north up to Ludlow Lake. 

I suspect that more stone structures could be found in the hills surrounding Warn Pond.  However, almost all of this land is privately owned, so it is not easy to gain access. 

===============================================